Saturday, September 20, 2014

Welcome!

     “Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion. ” -Martha Graham
     Hi everyone! Welcome to my website! For those of you who don't know, my name is Abhaya and I have started this blog to keep track of my own arangetram progress, and to let you in on my arangetram experience. So let's get started.
     Now, I know some of you may be wondering: What even is an arangetram? Well, the short answer is it's a big bharatanatyam performance that requires a lot of training and hard-work. Now, some of you may be wondering: What even is bharatanatyam? Basically, it's a tradition Indian classical artform that is basically story-telling through dance. Now, some of you may still be wondering (wow, you guys wonder a lot): Who even are you? Well, I'm Abhaya. I have been dancing bharatanatyam for the past eight years and have been dancing in general since I was born, so for thirteen years. I also do a lot of other stuff, but I'll save that for another time.
     So now that you have all the details, join me on my quest to the arangetram as I document my journey to my arangetram!

No comments:

Post a Comment